Gif meme » anonymous asked: The Starks + 6 (full body shots)
Robb Stark seemed puzzled. “Is this some trap, Lannister? What’s Bran to you? Why should you want to help him?” “Your brother Jon asked it of me. And I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.” Tyrion Lannister placed a hand over his heart and grinned.
Michael Fassbender at the Meet the Actors event at the Apple Soho Store (August 07, 2014)
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you.
Only Gendry was different.
No one will probably ever read this post, but I just need to get something off of my chest.
I just watched The Gabby Douglas Story, and in that movie, they said something about only being successful if your heart is in something. All the skill in the world can’t train your heart to win. I’ve recently realized that my heart isn’t in a lot of things. I’m not going to lie to you, I was born with many talents, and I am extremely grateful for these talents. One talent I’ve chosen to pursue in college is soccer. I can honestly say that I know I have the skill and the speed and the potential to be an olympic soccer player. I have always been confident in soccer. I know exactly what to do, how to do it, and that I can do it well. In high school, I decided that I wasn’t going to play soccer in college. Then my senior year came around, and I am the best player in my region. I basically felt like I had a duty of continuing my soccer career. So, I settled with a D2 college as a late decision. I was hoping to be able to barely try and be just as good as always. That isn’t working out. This is where the whole “heart” thing comes in. My heart is absolutely not in soccer. When I’m at practice, I’m counting down the seconds until it’s over. I enjoy games a little more, but I would rather just stay in my dorm and watch netflix. I have no drive to do well, so I don’t. I’m not performing at the level that I know I should. If I was playing at the level that I know I can, I would be an all-american. I know I sound completely cocky and annoying, but this is serious. I am so unbelievably frustrated with myself. I was blessed with an amazing ability and I’m wasting it…. BUT, I really cannot make my heart get in line with my brain. Like a line in the movie says, no one can teach or force your heart to get with the program. One week I decided that I would really really try hard, that I would be positive, concentrate, and perform. I did a little better, but I just honestly could not make myself care as much as I need to. I can’t tell anyone in real life this, because all they do is say, “you’ll get in the swing of things” or “oh you’ll get back into it, you’re just getting used to college,” but I know in my heart that I won’t. I know in my heart that I must let these talents go. I often think of all of the other things I could have pursued. I know I would have been great at tennis. I used to be an all-star softball player, but I let that go because my heart wasn’t in it either. I feel like I let everything go. So, now I ask myself: Where does that put me? What am I meant to do in this world? Do I even have a purpose or am I just a lazy bum who let’s my talents go to waste? I don’t know. I will continue soccer this year and just pray that maybe I’ll “get into the swing of things,” but we all know better, Until next time, don’t let your heart go astray. It means more than you think.